Dealing with Capability Cases
Who is it for?
It is designed for reps who have attended Stewards & Rights at Work courses and who either deal with - or are hoping to deal with - capability courses.
What will it be about?
There will be activities and case studies regarding the legal position when the employer raises issues about the member’s work performance. Activities will include:
- Overview of law on capability
- Unfair or discriminatory dismissal for poor performance
- Poor performance: how long must the member be given to improve?
- Key principles for fair appraisals
- Learning & Equal Opportunities
- Stress & personal injuries cases
- Unfair dismissal for ill-health or sickness absences
- Discriminatory dismissal for ill health
- Disability discrimination
You must have attended the Organising Stewards course (or previously Stewards Induction parts 1 AND 2 courses) first. This course is aimed at more experienced stewards and/or those who have dealt with disciplinary and/or grievance hearings.
Where & When?
|Cambridge||30, 31 October 2012|
|Cambridge||24, 25 October 2013|
- Course Application Form 12 (DOC, 49.00 Kb)