Violence in the Workplace
Who is it for?
This 5 day course has now been combined with the Stress in the Workplace course and is for Stewards and Health & Safety reps who want to something about the issues of stress and violence in the workplace. Please note you should have completed the Unison Health & Safety reps course.
What will it be about?
The course will help you to:
* define violence at work
* understand the causes of violence at work and its effects on members
* be familiar with the law concerning violence at work
* understand how risk assessments can be used as part of a workplace strategy to prevent violence at work
* prepare and implement a policy on violence at work
* identify measures to include in a workplace violence reduction programme
* develop advice and guidance resource materials and information for use in the workplace and union
• have a definition of stress
• understand the causes of stress and its effects on the health of members
• be familiar with statutory and common law concerning stress
• understand how risk assessments can be used as part of a workplace strategy on stress prevention
• prepare and implement a policy on stress prevention
• identify measures to include a workplace stress reduction programme
• develop stress resource materials and information for use in the workplace and union
Where & When
|* London (NUT)||8, 9, 10 & 24, 25 October||Cancelled|
* = Courses administtered by the London Region
- Course Application Form 12 (DOC, 49.00 Kb)